patrick j nielsen

that guy's still alive?!.....

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

through sickness and warfare...the Lord always prevails

well... my time in treatment is now over. i got done yesterday. now it's time to go out and search for a job yet again. my last day at treatment was blessed to say the least...when the time came to pass my coin and shell around i became very nervous. i didn't know what my peers would say or what to expect. i prayed before i even entered the room and thought of things i would possibly say after everyone had said there peace. as my peers spoke i got progressivly more nervous. alot of people spoke how they admired how spiritual i am...a shocking thing was an intern who i barely talked to said i had touched her life...it wasn't me it was God.. as people spoke i started to realize how God had used me. i was astonished how much people were effected. my thats how God works...super-naturally naturally. people that had turned there back were lifted up and others could just see the power God can have on a life. when my time came to speak i spoke of; that the only reason i'm at where i'm at is by the grace of God and what Jesus did for me and us, i told them how much i appreciated them and loved them, i admited (again) that if i turned my back on God i would go back to being my old self(drunk,stoned,dead), i told them that any error or fault was mine/of my flesh and that anything good that came from me being there was God and the glory is His, i spoke my heart and shared the thing that fills it... God's work was done and He knew my heart and intentions...the only reasoin i stayed foucused was Him and the only reasoned i errored was my flesh...but God used it all for His glory. after my graduation a lady i had talked to alot told me about her experience at (our) church this last sunday... she was very happy and spoke of how she could feel the presence of God...how she knew what to do now...i wanted to cry. she has struggled and i don't how much i helped , but i know God lifted her up and reveal things to her...this was the first time i saw her that happy. all i had to do was obey and be who iwas in Christ...and His glory was seen. i am so grateful to God for putting me there. i went through alot in my time there but for Him...it was all well worth it... amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home